Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm lame

NEWSFLASH! I had a bunch of things I was going to blog about and then I never did and now I've forgotten them. Anyway, I ran across a short little meme and I knew you'd all be so happy about it, so here it is.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

1. I have an addiction to at-home workout DVD/videos. They are practically the only media I will actually buy with my own money anymore. I buy one, use it a few times, then have to have another before too long. I've probably collected more than 20 of them now, although the VHS ones get little to no use these days (the Jane Fonda step aerobics tapes just don't it for me anymore, nor does Cher). I've even gone so far as to buy a yoga DVD, featuring Denise Austen no less--I now have two Denise Austen DVDs, and I admit I feel a little stupid about it.

2. I do not now, nor probably will I ever, own an iPod. Gadgets of the devil, I tell you. I mean, I'm sure they're great, but really, must they cost so much? And, costing so much, must they be so ubiquitous? "Hi, I have an iPod. I make $80k a year and you don't." Blow me.

This meme is more difficult than it would appear. I'm having trouble thinking of three more things that no one knows about me, since I pretty much spill the entire contents of my life on this blog. I'll keep trying, though.

3. Oh, here we go. This one is really embarrassing--I used to have a crush on Pauly Shore. Yes, you read that correctly. I don't know what I was thinking, but it goes without saying that I was a confused teenager at the time. I even bought one of his stand-up "comedy" CDs (the term "comedy" being broadly defined here).

4. Well, this is dumb and I may have said this in some previous post, but I don't actually enjoy the taste of alcohol. In fact I find it repulsive, yet I do drink from time to time in order to get a buzz, and occasionally, in order to get utterly stumbling-home slurring-speech blurry-vision, beer-goggly trashed (not very often, though, and I don't actually drink beer, as it is disgusting).

5. Shamefully, I have tried to take up eating disorders at various low points in my life. However, my attempts at anorexia have never lasted more than about two hours, four if I ate a really big meal beforehand. Attempts at bulimia have failed as well, as it seems I am incapable of making myself vomit on command. So I've had to settle for either being fat, which is no fun at all, or exercising and watching what I eat, which is laborious and time consuming, and also no fun at all. But which I do anyway, because see first clause in above sentence.

No comments: