Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Forgot to mention...

We went to see The Decemberists here in DC on Sunday night. It was fantastic. Interestingly, I had always imagined the lead singer to be very thin and wispy, and maybe somewhat sickly looking, I guess because of his high reedy voice. In actuality he's not wispy at all and is quite down-to-earth. I had no expectations of the other band members, so can't say how they compared to my imagination. All in all, I had a great time, especially now that I'm off the blasted 8:45-5:30 schedule, which meant I could sleep in after my late night and still make it to work on time.

If you don't know who The Decemberists are, you should go to the web site linked above and then download their music from whatever entirely legal venue you prefer. They are from Oregon, which automatically makes them slightly cooler than they might otherwise have been.

No comments: