Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Further proof that life is unfair

First of all, was I right or was I right? Jim Webb, welcome to the United States Senate. Unfortunately, his victory was sullied by an outrageous act of unfairness perpetrated right here in Arlington by my very own BF. Turns out Mr. Namby-Pamby Non-Voter (according to his story, his Oregon ballot got lost in the mail--very believable), just happened to wander into Senator Webb's victory rally, which took place about four blocks from our apartment. I was at work at the time, and temporarily revived myself from a swoon of boredom to see an IM message from BF that read something along the lines of "oh yeah, went to webb's victory rally at courthouse plaza today." Not only that, he even got to shake the hand of the soon-to-be-senator, a man he DIDN'T EVEN VOTE FOR.

Grptharghaskldjfioaewh;fot;lohngklasdjhf!!!

That's the sound of me dying from apoplectic fit of rage.

Anyway. In other news, my right leg has finally had enough of my shenanigans and has gone on strike for an unspecified length of time. I'm thinking I should see a doctor about this. Unfortunately, the terms of my health care plan are blurry and I keep going around in circles when I try to find a sports doctor on my plan's web site. I'm pretty sure the fact that my right leg crumples like a piece of paper whenever I try to run or do any sort of cardio activity has to do with overuse and/or repetitive stress injuries, and that's probably exactly what Highly Paid Doctor Who Will Make Me Wait Two Months to See Him will say, but I'm hoping maybe he or she will be able to give me some sort of miracle orthotic that will suddenly cure all my ails, or maybe even just a nice Ace bandage.

Meanwhile, I have decided it would be wise not to aggravate my injuries any further, so have discontinued workouts for the time being, which couldn't have come at a worse time since Thanksgiving is next week and therefore I will be gorging myself silly. The logical thing would be to just not eat as much during this time I'm trying to heal, but logic is for sissies. The gorging cannot be stopped. What's a girl to do? Looks like bulimia is the only answer.

No comments: