Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I lost my scarf to democracy

I lost it yesterday morning on my way out of the polling center, after standing in line for one hour and fifteen minutes in order to vote for Jim Webb, Senator elect of the Commonwealth of Virginia, for which action of devotion I will be accepting flowers, cards, cash gifts, and replacement scarves (I like shades of blue) as tokens of your gratitude. Yes, I know he hasn't been declared the official winner yet, but he's ahead by 7200 votes, people. I don't see Allen regaining many of those in the inevitable and lengthy recount brouhaha ahead, so I'm going out on a limb and calling it: Jim Webb, Senator (D).

And as for the other election results, can I just get an AMEN!!!

Thank you, oh people of America, for finally pulling your heads out of your gigantic obese American asses. (Wait, was that too accurate...I mean, derogatory?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting that you live in Virginia! Thanks for waiting in line for such a long time to vote - this was one of those elections where every vote really does count! Next time you and the BF are in Vancouver (or we are in your area)beers on us!

Cheers,

D & H