Saturday, April 07, 2007

Here's the part where I quote Wayne's World

Hey, where you going? OK, OK, I'm sorry! Come on back, come on back. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Sorry to be such a downer all the time. But hey, this won't last forever - spring is just around the corner, or so I hear. I wouldn't know, since it snowed again last night. Last night being a night in APRIL. But, you know what they say, April snowstorms bring May NOTHING. I mean, I can accept snow in April if, say, I was in the mountains. However, not only am I not in any mountains, I am no where near a mountain, or even a small hill. Or I could accept snow in April if I lived above the Arctic Circle. Then snow would not only be OK, it would probably be expected. Snow in April is not acceptable, however, if one lives in the midst of a swampy plain, where half the year it is so hot I cannot walk out my front door without breaking into a sweat.

But I digress. Despite the weather sucking my ass, two very good things happened today.

1) We bought a ring. What I remember of it is very pretty, although the details are kind of fuzzy in my mind. We have to have it sized and the stone set, so it'll be about a month before I see it again. But still, ring bought=yay.

2) We just got home from seeing Grindhouse, the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez double feature. While it is incredibly gory, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, when I wasn't trying not to wretch. I will probably never watch it again, as it is an incredible investment of time, particularly time during which one cannot snack, since one would run the risk of puking all over strangers if one were to see it on a full stomach. Still, the ending of the second film will have you screaming "BOOYAH, MOTHERFUCKER!" and you will feel like kicking the shit out of someone, but in a good way.

1 comment:

cursesfoiledagain said...

This post made me laugh out loud several times, to the point where a mere "LOL" would not have sufficed. I'm thinking this is my new favorite blog. BTW, this is your brother Mike typing right now. I don't know whether you could tell...computers make my skull hurt.

Don't worry, I won't tell Mom or Dad. :-)