Monday, June 11, 2007

Update on brainwave

Well, the BF (aka KILLJOY) has informed me that he read somewhere last week that someone is going to start doing just the thing I had the brilliant idea for yesterday (you know, the Cybrary). Fine. I accept the fact that I have no new ideas, and will never get rich. That's just fine.*

*OK, I just did a quick Google search and the new service, called BookSwim, is already up and running. I'm going to poke around and see how much it costs, but I think we should all take a moment and note that "Cybrary" is a much more clever name, if not terribly original.

**I guess we should also take a moment and note that a librarian, who gets paid to work in a place that lends out books for free, is now pimping what is essentially a fee-based library. Although libraries generally will not mail books directly to your lazy ass, and therein lies the genius of this service.

No comments: