Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Beauty is in the eye of the blog reader

After browsing some librarian blogs this evening, it has occured to me that perhaps I ought to spend more time prettifying my blog and adding some bells and whistles if I actually want anyone to read it. Of course, I'm not sure that I really do want anyone other than my friends to read it...

So anyway. I guess I'm too quick to judgment, because after watching the rest of The Office season one episodes I've repealed some of my earlier criticisms. The episode with the basketball game was both cringe-inducing (I had to look away from the TV a few times), and uniquely American. As the show went on, it seemed Carell really made the asshole boss character his own. But I have yet to see any shows this season so I don't know if they're continuing to improve or not. And since probably no one cares anyway, I won't pontificate any further.

Oh yeah, I just read this very interesting thing called Lies I Learned in Library School. It looks like it used to be part of a blog, and now it's just some sort of random floating-on-the-web-in- limbo page. I thought a lot of you might be able to relate to this (hi girls!), even though I think it was written a few years ago. "Librarian shortage," indeed. Ha!

No comments: