Friday, February 10, 2006

Is there anything better than being old AND being unable to get a job?

So my little ploy to get more email didn't work, but that's ok. I had my interview at the undisclosed location yesterday but I have no idea how I did. My gut feeling is that I didn't make a very good impression. I barely got any sleep the night before because I was so nervous for some reason, even though I've never lost sleep before an interview in the past, and certainly not before as unimportant an interview as this one. I think perhaps I'm going slightly insane. So anyway, I was trying really hard to act like I wasn't about ready to pass out, and I'm just hoping I didn't seem stoned or drunk. I was trying really hard to keep a light tone as well and create some rapport, but I think I just came across as frivolous and unprofessional. That's me, frivolity in a fat suit.

Anyhow. I'm a little tense because they were supposed to make a decision by noon today, so at the moment I write this I either got the job or didn't, and there's no way I'll know until next week sometime. Oy vey.

So guess what else. I'm 29. That's the first time I've seen it in writing and I think I'm going to go cry in a corner and contemplate my mortality for awhile. I have exactly one year left until I enter miserable old age and become just another dried up spinster librarian (or should I say, library assistant?). Christ almighty.

No comments: