Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The new news

So now that it's official I can tell you my news, even though I've now built it up way beyond its actual importance. Anyway, I have an interview for a library tech position (no progress being made on that front) which pays better than what I make now and is at a much more prestigious library. I will not say in this medium which library, but if you email me I will tell you. Really, it's not that big of a deal except that maybe I have a shot at making a decent salary for once. You guys with your big fancy librarian jobs will probably scoff and roll your eyes, but alas, it seems that paraprofessional positions are the best I can do at this point. So, that's that.

The instruction session went so-so yesterday, and only sucked insofar as that none of the students were interested in anything I had to say and my answers to the few questions they asked me were either completely wrong or just wrong enough to make me look inept. Ah, life.

No comments: