Monday, September 19, 2005

Blah blah fuckin' blah

So I guess all three of my readers probably want to know how the first week at my new job went. Well, I don't really have much to add to last week's posts. I can only hope that eventually I get assigned some projects to do. Which reminds me - all my Canadian friends, I applied for the Public Services Librarian position at the Greater Victoria Public Library. Of course I won't get it, they probably won't even look at my application since I'm American, but I figured it was worth a try. Just the thought of living in Victoria made me so happy that I knew I at least needed to send in my resume. You will all be disgusted to know that it is still in the high 80s and humid here - I'm beginning to wonder when Fall comes (it doesn't, I've asked around). I'm beginning to get the sinking feeling that the weather here goes directly from uncomfortably hot to uncomfortably cold, and I just don't think my delicate Northwest nerves can take it. Why people actually live in climates like this is beyond me - if you knew there were better places to live, why not just move? I don't get it. All I know is, if I had been one of the Jamestown settlers I would have said, 'Screw this, I'm going back to England.' But that's just me, obviously. No starch in the backbone whatsoever.

And one more thing - will the bastard who keeps spamming the comments please stop? I didn't think so. Asshole.

No comments: