Monday, August 08, 2005

A post about appetizers, mainly

Tom and I went to Maryland today to see the so-called Eastern Shore, which is not really a 'shore' as I think of it, but rather Chesapeake Bay. We went to a quaint little old town called St. Michaels and I had crab cakes at The Crab Claw - apparently it's a must that you eat crab while on the Eastern Shore. Anyway, it was a fun and relaxing day away from the city - we even went on a river cruise and got to see not only the home where they shot the exteriors for 'The Wedding Crashers' but also sundry other $14 million homes along the river. Makes me feel real special to get to go back to my nice little suffocating shoebox apartment in the sky. Flipping rich bastards.

Anyway, after we went on the river cruise we needed to kill some time before heading back to DC so as to avoid rush-hour traffic, so we decided to stop off at a Ruby Tuesday. Since we were still full from lunch we just got appetizers, and tried to pick the safest ones on the menu, nachos and onion rings. No one can screw up nachos and onions rings, said we. I mean, I've had good nachos at Appleby's. Swear to God, Appleby's!

My Lord. Were those the worst nachos and onion rings I've ever had. Let me just say, cayenne pepper should never be allowed NEAR onion rings, and as for the nachos, just don't. Throw away the recipe, and start anew. Because those are not nachos; that is shit piled on tortilla chips.

I hope I don't get sued for this, but come on! Nachos and onion rings, people! How hard can it be?

But other than that, it was a good day.

No comments: