Sunday, August 21, 2005

Some people just don't get it

Always on the look-out for clever blogs to put on my links list, I just read a librarian's blog that was not only NOT a rant-filled, sarcastic jab at coworkers and patrons, but contained orderly and well written complete thoughts on subjects mostly unrelated to libraries. I'm sorry, but does this person not understand what a blog is? Blogs are supposed to be self-absorbed accounts of how the world has wronged you, with the occasional witty and acerbic observation thrown in. Am I wrong here? Won't be linking to that one.

Anyway, I forgot to report on the Gogol Bordello concert. The music was an interesting blend of Russian folk, punk, and ska - not something I'd listen every day, but it was a decent live act. It was also nice to be surrounded be people wearing jeans and tank tops; for once I didn't feel out of place. BF's sister also came with us - I think she was ready to run screaming from the club, and in fact ended up leaving after the opening act (she is a frequenter of the posher nightclubs and would not be caught dead wearing off-brands outside of her own home). So it was nice to see her squirm for a change.

Last night we went out to dinner, and even though I didn't have all that much to drink, I now have a wretched hangover. Part of it I'm sure is due to the fact that I am constantly dehydrated out here, which is odd, considering how humid it is. The palms of my hands are so dry my skin is peeling. Maybe I have a disease.

No comments: