Friday, August 12, 2005

Yeah, I'm back

Having bathed in my own perspiration at the zoo all afternoon (today being a particularly sticky, yucky day in DC) I am back with more lists because I know the masses love them. And in case anyone is curious, the zoo was neat - I especially enjoyed the apes and orangutans. I'm sorry, but anyone who watches them for any length of time cannot help but be confronted with the evidence of our ancestry. Unfortunately the pandas were inside because of the heat so we couldn't see them.

Anyway, herewith: Top 5 Movies I Want to See but for Some Reason Haven't Seen yet:

1. Sling Blade
2. The Godfather
3. Dead Man Walking
4. Maria Full of Grace
5. Trainspotting

Honorable mentions for the movies that exceeded expectations that I forgot about:

-Meet the Parents
-Spiderman II, which I expected to suck ass and turned out to be actually entertaining.

And since nobody asked, here's a list of the movies I've seen lately that disappointed me:

Top 5 Movies that Have Disappointed My Expectations Lately:

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Tim Burton promised this wouldn't be a remake. Hello, remake city! Only redeeming quality: Johnny Depp, who is both devastatingly hot and one of the best actors today. Also I must admit that the Oompa-Loompa song-and-dance routines were pretty good.

2. Broken Flowers - I just didn't get it. Or maybe I got, but I just didn't care. Either way, I didn't like it.

3. The Wedding Crashers - Yeah, Vince Vaughan is the man and I wish I could marry him, but I can name about ten other movies that are exactly like this one. Too predictable.

4. The Amityville Horror - Was just stupid - more gross than scary. And please, let's stop with the creepy little girls who hide behind a curtain of long dark hair. Enough already. I wish a really good horror movie would come out again.

5. Bride and Prejudice - Really wanted to like this one, but it was so bland and boring. Not to mention the acting was TERRIBLE.

Ok, that's good for now. Bye.

No comments: