Sunday, August 14, 2005

Shame

So I never did go back to talking about moral bankruptcy like I said I was going to. Basically, what I was going to say was that Bill Clinton, whom I have always liked and respected even though he can't keep his dick in his pants, is in fact a disgraceful coward. I've been reading more of 'We Wish to Inform You,' and I was shocked and saddened to learn that not only did the United States and Bill Clinton himself know exactly what was going on in Rwanda and refused to send troops or aid, but Madeleine Albright actively encouraged the United Nations to delay any action, until of course it was too late. The same Madeleine Albright whose grandparents were killed in the Jewish Holocaust. Disgraceful. By the time the genocide was over, at least 800,000 people had been killed in just a few months. Think about that number for a second - how many people died in the September 11th attacks? Around 2,000. The f*cking world mourned those 2,000 people for months. How many of us have even stopped to think about the Rwandan genocides, or how many of us even know the number of people killed? Our foreign policy, even our culture's general attitude toward the world, is so overtly racist it shames me. Even worse - there were UN peacekeeping troops on the ground in Rwanda at the time; they saw what was happening, and the general in charge (who happened to be Canadian, God bless him) asked the UN for permission to use force to stop the genocide. He was denied. DISGRACEFUL.

I hope that Clinton's newfound mission to eradicate AIDS and poverty in Africa will do something to cleanse his dirty, dirty soul.

1 comment:

CF said...

I am loving you! You make my day Steph (aka: whinger, whiner, etc.)